Spicy Buffalo Wings
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups of hot sauce (we like Franks)
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs cider vinegar
- 1 tbs paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 lbs chicken wings, split with wing tips removed
- oil for deep frying
- Blue cheese dressing, with crumbled blue cheese
- Celery sticks
These are very spicy wings. If you like them hotter just add more cayenne pepper. Serve them with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
- Add oil to a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/2 the full and bring the temperature up to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile to another sauce pan add the butter, hot sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar, paprika, chili powder. Using medium heat combine the sauce well, stirring constantly. About 5 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Wash and dry the wings.
- Once the oil reaches temperature, fry the wings in batches until they are golden and crispy. About 6 to 8 minutes per batch.
- As you remove the wings from the oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked wings to a large bowl and add the sauce. Toss well until all the wings are well covered.