Apricot Cream Pie
|1 (9inch) graham cracker crust|
|2 cups dried apricots|
|2 cups cold water|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup flour|
|3/4 cup scalded milk|
|2 egg yolks beaten|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
- Pre-bake the pie shell according to package directions. Cool completely
- Combine the apricots and water in a sauce pan and soak for 30 minutes.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and drain.
- Add the apricots to a food processor and process to a fine pulp.
- In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, mix together the sugar and flour.
- Slowly stir in the hot milk and apricot pulp.
- Cook stirring frequently for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir a small amount of the apricot mixture into the egg yolks.
- Combine the egg yolk mixture with the mixture in the double boiler and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter.
- Turn the filling into the pie shell.
- Chill until serving.
- Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.