Quick and Easy Pickles
|1 lb of Kirby cucumbers, cleaned and cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|1 tsp fresh lemon juice|
|1 and 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar|
|1/4 cup wine vinegar|
|4 tsp pickling spices|
|2 tbs kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp dry mustard|
|2 tsp dry coriander|
|1/2 tsp dried chervil leaves, crumbled|
|1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg|
|1 large sprig parsley|
- Place sliced cucumbers in a medium size bowl.
- Combine the balance of ingredients in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Partially cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers, mix well and let cool.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate overnight, or longer. Pickles will become more tart with more time.