Spinach Strawberry Salad with Feta
|1 cup of pecan halves|
|2 tbs light brown sugar|
|3 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbs honey|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|5 cups baby spinach washed and dried|
|1 pint of strawberries, hulled, rinsed and cut into halves|
|2 oz of feta cheese, crumbled|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread the pecan halves on the baking sheet in a single layer, then sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until fragrant and toasted. Cool completely.
- Combine the vinegar, oil and honey in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Shake to mix well.
- Combine the spinach and cooled pecans in a mixing bowl. Drizzle half of the dressing over to lightly coat.
- Divide among four plates and top each portion with strawberries and feta cheese.