Spinach Strawberry Salad with Feta
- 1 cup of pecan halves
- 2 tbs light brown sugar
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 5 cups baby spinach washed and dried
- 1 pint of strawberries, hulled, rinsed and cut into halves
- 2 oz of feta cheese, crumbled
- brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread the pecan halves on the baking sheet in a single layer, then sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until fragrant and toasted. Cool completely.
- Combine the vinegar, oil and honey in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Shake to mix well.
- Combine the spinach and cooled pecans in a mixing bowl. Drizzle half of the dressing over to lightly coat.
- Divide among four plates and top each portion with strawberries and feta cheese.