- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp crushed basil
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
This mayonnaise is delicious on sandwiches or used in chicken or tuna salad. Directions:
- Combine egg with mustard and 1 tbs of oil in a food processor.
- Process on high speed until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar and cayenne pepper, and blend for 30 seconds.
- With the machine running, add the balance of oil by slowly pouring it until it is absorbed and the mayonnaise is thick.
- With the machine sill running, sprinkle with basil and slowly add the tomato juice.
- Pour into jar and refrigerate
- Mayonnaise will thicken to spreadable consistency when chilled.