|1 egg yolk|
|1 tsp Dijon mustard|
|1 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|1 tsp apple cider vinegar|
|3 dashes cayenne pepper|
|1 tsp crushed basil|
|1/4 cup tomato juice|
This mayonnaise is delicious on sandwiches or used in chicken or tuna salad. Directions:
- Combine egg with mustard and 1 tbs of oil in a food processor.
- Process on high speed until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar and cayenne pepper, and blend for 30 seconds.
- With the machine running, add the balance of oil by slowly pouring it until it is absorbed and the mayonnaise is thick.
- With the machine sill running, sprinkle with basil and slowly add the tomato juice.
- Pour into jar and refrigerate
- Mayonnaise will thicken to spreadable consistency when chilled.