Herb Indian Naan Bread
- 2 packets naan bread mix (available at specialty grocery’s)
- 3 oz off sweet potato, diced
- 3 oz pumpkin, diced
- 3 oz frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs mango chutney
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Prepare each packet of naan bread, acccording to package directions. Knead lightly and be careful not to overwork the dough or it will be tough.
- Boil or steam the sweet potato and pumpkin until just tender and combine with the peas, cilantro, chutney, curry powder, garam masala, fennel seeds and chili powder in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide each quantity of dough into 4 portions. Roll each out on a lightly floured surface and cut 4 circles from each with a 3 inch cutter.
- Spoon a heaped tsp of the filling on half of each circle and brush the edges with beaten egg. Fold over and seal.
- Place on lightly greased baking trays, brush the tops with the remaining egg and bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.