Tomato and Anchovy Bruchetta
- 1 loaf French baguette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 cans anchovy fillets in oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Toast the bread on both sides until golden.
- While warm, rub both sides of the toast with the cut garlic.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and rub each side of the toast with them, so that the juice and seeds soak well into the toast but do not saturate it.
- Chop the remaining tomato and place it on the toasts.
- Drizzle each toast with olive oil and top with anchovy fillets.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked black pepper to serve.