Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers with Mushrooms
|1 and 1/2 lbs ground chuck|
|1 tsp kosher salt divided|
|1 tsp black pepper divided|
|1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled|
|2 ozs cream cheese, softened|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|4 onion hamburger buns|
|1 and 1/4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|2 medium onion, sliced|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|4 slices ripe tomato|
- Stir together the ground beef, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Form into 8 patties, 1/4 inch thick.
- Stir together blue cheese, cream cheese and mustard.
- Place tbs of the cheese mixture on top of each of 4 patties. Top each with remaining meat patty.
- Press around edges to seal.
- Cook in a saute pan over medium heat, turning once until desired doneness is achieved. About 6 minutes on each side for medium.
- Place burgers on buns.
- Cook mushrooms and onions in saute pan with meat drippings and season with remaining salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place a tomato slice on each burger and top with grilled mushrooms and onions.