- 16 oz beef fillet
- 1 and 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- arugula leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- black olives, cut into slivers
- Remove all the visible fat and sinew from the beef, then freeze for 1-2 hours, until firm but not solid. This makes the meat easier to slice thinly.
- Cut paper thin slices of beef with a sharp knife.
- Arrange on a serving platter and allow to return to room temperature.
- Just before serving, drizzle with oil, then with a scatter of arugula, olives and Parmesan.