Spicy Japanese Noodles
- 1 lb Japanese noodles
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 tbs sunflower oil( or vegetable oil)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 lb snow peas
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 12 oz sliced savoy cabbage
- 3 tbs sweet chili sauce
- 2 scallions, sliced for garnish
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Toss the noodles with the sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large wok or saute pan.
- Add the onion slices, snow peas, carrot slices and shredded cabbage to the pan and cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chili sauce to the pan and cook stirring occasionally for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sesame noodles to the pan and toss well to combine and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the noodles to warm serving bowls and garnish with sliced scallions.