Breaded Fish Sticks
|1 lb firm white fish fillets, 1/2 inch thick|
|1 and 1/2 cups fine fresh bread crumbs|
|1 cup flour|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|canola oil for frying|
|tartar sauce and lemon wedges for serving|
- Cut the fish fillets into strips 4 inches long and 3/4 inches wide.
- Break the eggs into a shallow dish and beat well.
- Place the bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Put the flour in a large plastic bag and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish sticks into the flour coat and shake off excess. Then place the sticks in the eggs and allow excess to drip off. Then roll the fish sticks in the bread crumbs and place on a foil covered baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to let the coating set.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add the fish sticks in batches and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning once until crispy and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.