|2 tbs butter|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2/3 cup milk|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 boneless chicken breast, diced|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1 egg beaten|
|1 cup fresh white bread crumbs|
|canola oil for deep frying|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|parsley and lemon wedges for garnish|
- Melt butter in a small pan over low heat. Add the flour and and cook gently, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly to make a smooth thick sauce. Cover with a lid and remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan. Add the chicken and garlic and cook over a low heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Turn the contents of the frying pan into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Do not turn into a paste.
- Stir the chicken into the sauce, mixing well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and leave to cool completely.
- Shape the mixture into eight even sized sausage shapes, the dip each in egg and then bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil for 4 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with lemon wedges.