|2 tbs corn oil|
|1 onion, minced|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded chopped|
|1 lb frozen corn, thawed|
|3 cups chicken stock|
|1 cup light cream|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped for garnish|
- Heat the oil in a saute pan. Add the onion and red pepper and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, until softened but now browned.
- Add the corn and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the contents of the pan to a food process and process until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides and adding a little stock if necessary.
- Transfer the mixture to a sauce pan and stir in the stock.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in the cream.
- Serve the soup hot or chilled, garnished with the finely chopped red pepper.
- If serving hot reheat gently after adding the cream, but do not boil.