Pears with Stilton
|4 ripe comice pears, chilled|
|4 oz Stilton Cheese|
|2 oz farmers cheese or drained cottage cheese|
|ground black pepper|
|Watercress sprigs for garnish|
This is a classic English appetizer that has amazing flavor. Many say it is the perfect combination.
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp toasted poppy seeds
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Cut the pears in half lengthwise, then scoop out the cores and cut away the stem on the bottom end. Leave the top stem on.
- Place the Stilton and farmers cheese in a bowl and beat together. Season with some black pepper then beat again.
- Add the mixture to the cavities of the pears.
- Spoon the dressing over the pears and serve.