Rotisserie Phyllo Chicken Rolls
|1 large rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded|
|2 oz unsalted butter|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|2 tbs flour|
|1/2 cup chicken stock|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan|
|2 tsp fresh thyme|
|1/4 cup dry bread crumbs|
|2 eggs, lightly beaten|
|13 sheets of phyllo pastry, cut into thirds crosswise|
|1/4 cup of melted butter, for brushing|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a delicious recipe that uses a pre-prepared chicken that is easily available at most grocery stores.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the onion. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add the garlic, cook stirring for 1 minute, then add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and gradually stir in the stock and milk.
- Raise the heat to medium high and stir constantly until the sauce boils and thickens. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the shredded chicken, Parmesan, thyme, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Cool, then stir in the eggs.
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees, then grease three baking sheets.
- Put one piece of phyllo pastry on a cutting board with the short end closest to you. Cover the remaining phyllo with a damp dish towel.
- Brush the phyllo with melted butter and place a level tbs of the chicken mixture on the base end closest to you.
- Fold the sides and brush along the length with butter and roll up tightly to form a roll 3 inches long.
- Put rolls onto the baking sheet and brush the top with some of the butter.
- Bake rolls for 15 minutes until well browned and golden.