Rotisserie Phyllo Chicken Rolls
- 1 large rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 13 sheets of phyllo pastry, cut into thirds crosswise
- 1/4 cup of melted butter, for brushing
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a delicious recipe that uses a pre-prepared chicken that is easily available at most grocery stores.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the onion. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add the garlic, cook stirring for 1 minute, then add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and gradually stir in the stock and milk.
- Raise the heat to medium high and stir constantly until the sauce boils and thickens. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the shredded chicken, Parmesan, thyme, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Cool, then stir in the eggs.
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees, then grease three baking sheets.
- Put one piece of phyllo pastry on a cutting board with the short end closest to you. Cover the remaining phyllo with a damp dish towel.
- Brush the phyllo with melted butter and place a level tbs of the chicken mixture on the base end closest to you.
- Fold the sides and brush along the length with butter and roll up tightly to form a roll 3 inches long.
- Put rolls onto the baking sheet and brush the top with some of the butter.
- Bake rolls for 15 minutes until well browned and golden.