- 1 and 1/2 lbs wild salmon fillet, skin removed
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 red chilies, seeded and minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 fresh tomatoes, peeled seeded and diced
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut the fish into 1/2 inch chunks, and add them to a non metallic bowl.
- Pour the lime juice over, coating the fish evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the garnish. Cut the avocado in half length wise and twist to separate the halves. Remove the pit, then peel and finely dice the flesh.
- Place the avocado in a bowl and add the tomatoes, lemon juice, red onion and olive oil and mix gently.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Season the fish with salt and sprinkle over with the chilies.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss the fish mixture, then replace the cover. Let marinate in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
- To serve, divide the avocado and tomato garnish among 6 plates.
- Arrange the Ceviche then sprinkle with cilantro.