Sherry Ginger Steamed Clams
|3 dozen little neck clams in the shell|
|1 cup dry sherry|
|1/2 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts|
|4 cloves garlic, chopped|
|3 tsp chopped ginger|
|cracked black pepper to taste|
- Wash the clams and set aside.
- Place sherry, scallions, garlic and ginger in a large sauce pan and simmer over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the clams and cover the pan. Simmer until the clams open. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add the clams to a large bowl and discard any that do not open.
- Simmer remaining liquid until it is reduced to about 1 cup. Pour liquid over clams.