Shrimp Egg Rolls
|1 and 1/2 cups of small cooked shrimp|
|3 scallions, shredded|
|1 inch piece of ginger, grated|
|2 large cloves garlic, chopped|
|4 oz bamboo shoots, chopped|
|1 oz bean sprouts|
|1 tsp soy sauce|
|3 tsp cornstarch blended with 1 tbs water|
|1 egg separated|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- To make the filling combine the shrimp, scallions, ginger, garlic, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, soy sauce, cornstarch and water, egg yolk and seasoning.
- Lightly beat the egg white.
- Place a spoon full of filling in the middle of each egg roll wrapper. Brush the edges with egg white and fold into neat parcels, tucking in the the ends well.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan to 360 degrees. Cook the egg rolls for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, turning to make sure they brown evenly.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with soy sauce and sesame oil for dipping.