Shrimp Egg Rolls
- 1 and 1/2 cups of small cooked shrimp
- 3 scallions, shredded
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 oz bamboo shoots, chopped
- 1 oz bean sprouts
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp cornstarch blended with 1 tbs water
- 1 egg separated
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- To make the filling combine the shrimp, scallions, ginger, garlic, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, soy sauce, cornstarch and water, egg yolk and seasoning.
- Lightly beat the egg white.
- Place a spoon full of filling in the middle of each egg roll wrapper. Brush the edges with egg white and fold into neat parcels, tucking in the the ends well.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan to 360 degrees. Cook the egg rolls for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, turning to make sure they brown evenly.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with soy sauce and sesame oil for dipping.