Butter Poached Shrimp Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|16 extra large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off|
|8 slices whole grain bread|
|16 thin slices of gruyere cheese|
- In a large saucepan add the butter and melt using medium low heat.
- Add the cleaned shrimp and poach gently for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. You may have to do this in two batches. Remove shrimp from butter and set aside. You may reserve butter for another use.
- To assemble sandwiches, butter one side of 4 slices of the bread and place in a saute pan, using medium heat, then top with 1 slice of cheese and 4 evenly placed shrimp.
- Top each with another slice of cheese and top with another slice of bread that has been buttered on top.
- Cook on each side until golden and the cheese has melted.