Caribbean Coconut Soup
|8 oz freshly grated coconut|
|6 cups chicken stock|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 tbs butter|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
- Combine the coconut and chicken stock in a heavy sauce pan.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a wire mesh sieve.
- Discard the coconut after pressing down to extract all the liquid.
- Cream the flour and butter together and stir into the stock with the heavy cream, stirring over low heat until the soup is thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.