Caribbean Peanut Soup
|3/4 cup peeled and roasted peanuts|
|5 cups chicken stock|
|kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|a few dashes of Pickapepper hot sauce or Tabasco|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 tbs Angostura bitters|
|1/8 cup dry sherry|
|Croutons and or chopped chives|
- Put the peanuts and enough chicken stock to cover in a blender or food processor and process on high speed to a smooth paste.
- Pour into a heavy sauce pan, and add the rest of the stock.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook over low heat, stirring from time to time, for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Stir in the bitters.
- A tbs of dry sherry can be added to each serving.
- Garnish with croutons and chopped chives.