Chicken a’ la king
|2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8 oz each) cut into bite sized pieces.|
|1/2 lb button mushrooms, sliced|
|1 cup chopped green bell peppers|
|2/3 cups onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup peas|
|1/4 cup celery, chopped|
|1/2 tsp white pepper|
|kosher salt to taste|
|1/3 cup flour|
|1/2 cup chicken stock|
|2 cups milk|
- Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken, mushrooms, peppers, onions and celery and cook until the chicken is browned and the vegetables are softened. About 10 minutes.
- Add the peas.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and stir in the flour and pepper.
- Add the milk, drizzling slowly and stirring to combine with the flour.
- As the sauce thickens start drizzling in the chicken stock and continue to stir.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes and continue to stir until the sauce is thick. Add more milk and or stock if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Serve over rice or noodles.