- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 and 1/2 cups sun dried tomatoes
- 8 oz bag baby spinach
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 tbs oregano
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, olives and sun dried tomatoes. When the mushrooms are browned and softened, sprinkle the spinach over the top.
- Reduce the heat and cover the pan for about 1 minute.
- Remove the saute pan from the heat, then drain the pasta and mix with the contents of the saute pan.
- Add the remaining olive oil along with the oregano.
- Finally stir in the feta and mozzarella cheeses.