- 1 tbs canola oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbs ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a non stick saute pan, saute the onions and garlic in oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked garbanzos, tomatoes, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cilantro and lemon juice, mix well and serve.