|7 tbs yellow cornmeal|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tsp curry powder|
|2 tsp red pepper flakes|
|1 egg plant, peeled and cubed|
|2 egg whites, lightly beaten|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|oil for deep frying|
- Mix together the cornmeal, salt, curry powder and red pepper flakes.
- Dip the eggplant slices into the egg whites, then roll them the cornmeal mixture.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan on deep fryer 1/3 full of oil to 375 degrees.
- Deep fry the eggplant until it’s golden brown. About 1-2 minutes
- Drain on paper towels, season with salt and pepper and serve.