Oyster Corn Fritters
- 1 pint shucked oysters
- 1 egg
- oyster liquor plus water to make 3/4 cup liquid
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 cup whole corn, drained or thawed
- oil for frying
- Drain the oysters, reserving the liquor.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs slightly.
- Add the liquid and Bisquick and blend well.
- Mix in the seasonings, then gently stir in the corn and oysters.
- In a large saute pan heat 1-2 inches of oil to 350 degrees.
- Drop batter into hot oil by the tablespoonful, making sure to include 1 oyster in each portion.
- Cook until golden on one side, 1-2 minutes, then turn over and brown the other side.