Oyster Corn Fritters
|1 pint shucked oysters|
|oyster liquor plus water to make 3/4 cup liquid|
|2 cups Bisquick|
|1 tsp old bay seasoning|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/8 tsp lemon pepper seasoning|
|1 cup whole corn, drained or thawed|
|oil for frying|
- Drain the oysters, reserving the liquor.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs slightly.
- Add the liquid and Bisquick and blend well.
- Mix in the seasonings, then gently stir in the corn and oysters.
- In a large saute pan heat 1-2 inches of oil to 350 degrees.
- Drop batter into hot oil by the tablespoonful, making sure to include 1 oyster in each portion.
- Cook until golden on one side, 1-2 minutes, then turn over and brown the other side.