- 1 lb bacon, cut into 1/3 inch strips
- 6 tbs unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb pasta of your choice, aldente
- 1/3 cup parsley, minced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan cook the bacon in the butter until crisp.
- Drain off most of the fat but leave a little to saute the garlic.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute, then remove the saute pan from the heat.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream, egg yolks and 1 and 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Add the cooked pasta to the saute pan and add the cheese mixture.
- Toss together over low heat, until the sauce has thickened and all of the pasta is coated.
- Transfer to plates and sprinkle with the remaining cheese, parsley and black pepper.