Peaches and Cream
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 cups fresh peaches, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 pint peach ice cream
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a floured surface roll out the puff pastry large enough to fit a standard sized cookie sheet.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper and add the puff pastry.
- Bake until brown and golden and puffed. About 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat melt the butter in a saute pan and cook the peaches for about 5 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Add the brown sugar and cook 3 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with the vanilla and almond extracts, stirring gently to incorporate.
- Spread the peaches on the cooked pastry, and cut into 8 wedges.
- Top each portion with a scoop of peach ice cream and some toasted almonds.