Peaches and Cream
|1 sheet of puff pastry|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|3 cups fresh peaches, thinly sliced|
|2 tbs brown sugar|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1/4 tsp almond extract|
|1 pint peach ice cream|
|1/2 cup toasted almonds|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a floured surface roll out the puff pastry large enough to fit a standard sized cookie sheet.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper and add the puff pastry.
- Bake until brown and golden and puffed. About 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat melt the butter in a saute pan and cook the peaches for about 5 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Add the brown sugar and cook 3 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with the vanilla and almond extracts, stirring gently to incorporate.
- Spread the peaches on the cooked pastry, and cut into 8 wedges.
- Top each portion with a scoop of peach ice cream and some toasted almonds.