- 1 lb small to medium mushroom caps
- white wine vinegar, enough to cover the mushrooms
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 minced scallions, white and green parts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Put mushrooms in a bowl and cover with wine vinegar. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and transfer the mushrooms to a jar.
- Add the bay leaf, cloves, scallions, garlic, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Add enough vegetable oil to just cover the mushrooms.
- Seal the jar tightly shake to mix ingredients and refrigerate for several days, shaking occasionally.