|1 lb small to medium mushroom caps|
|white wine vinegar, enough to cover the mushrooms|
|1 bay leaf|
|3 whole cloves|
|2 minced scallions, white and green parts|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 tsp Tabasco|
|kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup canola oil|
- Put mushrooms in a bowl and cover with wine vinegar. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and transfer the mushrooms to a jar.
- Add the bay leaf, cloves, scallions, garlic, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Add enough vegetable oil to just cover the mushrooms.
- Seal the jar tightly shake to mix ingredients and refrigerate for several days, shaking occasionally.