Almond Fried Chicken
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 and 1/2 lbs chicken parts
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 cup blanched almonds, finely chopped
- Mix the first four ingredients, then place in a large plastic zip lock bag, then add the chicken pieces in batches.
- Shake until all the chicken pieces are covered.
- Melt 2 tbs butter in a shallow baking pan in an oven preheated to 375 degrees.
- Mix the egg and milk.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the mixture, then roll in the almonds.
- Put the chicken skin side up in the pan.
- Melt the remaining butter and drizzle over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until juices from the chicken run clear.