Almond Fried Chicken
|1/2 cup flour|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1 tsp paprika|
|2 and 1/2 lbs chicken parts|
|4 tbs butter|
|1 egg, slightly beaten|
|2 tbs milk|
|1 cup blanched almonds, finely chopped|
- Mix the first four ingredients, then place in a large plastic zip lock bag, then add the chicken pieces in batches.
- Shake until all the chicken pieces are covered.
- Melt 2 tbs butter in a shallow baking pan in an oven preheated to 375 degrees.
- Mix the egg and milk.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the mixture, then roll in the almonds.
- Put the chicken skin side up in the pan.
- Melt the remaining butter and drizzle over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until juices from the chicken run clear.