Caribbean Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 lb white sweet potatoes (Boniato)
- oil for deep frying
This recipe uses Caribbean white sweet potatoes, know as Boniato.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and slice as thinly as possible.
- Soak for 1 hour in cold salted water.
- Drain and dry with paper towels.
- In a large sauce pan or deep fryer, fill 1/3 full of oil and heat to 370 degrees and fry the chips in batches until golden.
- Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with salt.
- These chips are great served with a dip.