Fried Frogs Legs
|12 pairs medium frogs, split in half, defrosted if frozen|
|1 medium onion, grated|
|3 cloves garlic crushed|
|1/2 tsp ground cloves|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp white pepper|
|1 tbs malt vinegar|
|1 cup vegetable oil|
|1 cup flour|
- Mix together the onion, garlic, cloves, salt, pepper and vinegar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the frog’s legs and allow to stand for at least 1 hour, turning the legs from time to time.
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan.
- Pat the frog’s legs dry with paper towels and dip in the flour.
- Fry half a dozen or so at a time, for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with lime wedges on the side.