Low Calorie Carrot Bread
- 4 eggs
- sugar substitute to equal 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- 3 cups ap flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- vegetable cooking spray
This recipe contains only 77 calories per slice.
- Combine the eggs and sugar substitute in a large bowl and beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until mixture thickens.
- Gradually add the oil and water and beat until well combined.
- combine flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add the egg mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in the carrots.
- Spoon the batter into two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.