Low Calorie Carrot Bread
|sugar substitute to equal 2 cups sugar|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|1/2-3/4 cup water|
|3 cups ap flour|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda|
|2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|2 cups shredded carrots|
|vegetable cooking spray|
This recipe contains only 77 calories per slice.
- Combine the eggs and sugar substitute in a large bowl and beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until mixture thickens.
- Gradually add the oil and water and beat until well combined.
- combine flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add the egg mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in the carrots.
- Spoon the batter into two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.