Low Calorie Potato Mushroom Omelet
|1 large baking potato, peeled and diced|
|vegetable cooking spray|
|1/2 cup sliced mushrooms|
|1/2 cup scallions, chopped|
|4 egg whites|
|1/2 cup skim milk|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp black pepper|
|1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheese|
This recipe contains 177 calories per serving.
- Place diced potato in a small sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are almost fork tender. Drain.
- Coat a 10 inch skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot.
- Saute the parboiled potatoes for about 5 minutes, then add mushrooms and scallions.
- Saute for an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Spread the potato mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the eggs and egg whites in a large bowl and beat until frothy.
- Add milk, salt and pepper and beat until light and fluffy.
- Pour egg mixture over the potato mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and puffy.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese. Place under a broiler for about 1 minute or until cheese starts to melt.