|1 cup sugar, divided|
|1 envelope unflavored gelatin|
|1 and 1/2 cups boiling water|
|1 and 1/2 cups fresh mango puree|
|1 cup milk|
|2 tbs fresh lime juice|
|2 egg whites|
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar and gelatin in a large bowl.
- Add the boiling water, stir in the sugar and gelatin and completely dissolve.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in mango puree, milk and lime juice.
- Place bowl in freezer for about 1 and 1/2 hours or until mixture is frozen about 1/2 inch around the sides of the bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer or wire whisk until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a separate boil until frothy.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue eating until stiff peaks form.
- Add in remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into mango mixture.
- Freeze until firm.