- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 and 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh mango puree
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 egg whites
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar and gelatin in a large bowl.
- Add the boiling water, stir in the sugar and gelatin and completely dissolve.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in mango puree, milk and lime juice.
- Place bowl in freezer for about 1 and 1/2 hours or until mixture is frozen about 1/2 inch around the sides of the bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer or wire whisk until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a separate boil until frothy.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue eating until stiff peaks form.
- Add in remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into mango mixture.
- Freeze until firm.