Cornmeal Crusted Chicken Sandwich
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|3 eggs lightly beaten|
|1 cup cornmeal|
|4 soft 8 inch French rolls|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1 dill pickle thinly sliced|
|1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|vegetable oil for frying|
- Wash chicken breast then place between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/2 inch thickness with a meat pounder of heavy pan.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dip into the beaten eggs, then into the corn meal, knocking off excess.
- Place chicken in the refrigerator covered for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add about 1 inch of oil to a heavy bottomed skillet and using medium heat cook the chicken breasts until golden on both sides and cooked through.
- Add each cooked breast to a French roll and top with mayo, lettuce, pickles and sliced tomates.