Golden Oyster Mushroom Bisque
|1 pint of shucked oysters, with liquor|
|1/4 cup unsalted butter|
|1 tbs flour|
|1 quart milk|
|1 (10 and 1/2 oz) can of condensed golden mushroom soup|
|1 tbs onion, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Put oysters with liquor in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat right away.
- In 4 quart sauce pan melt the butter and add the onions. Saute over low heat until the onions are tender.
- Blend in the flour and stir to combine with the onions and butter. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in milk and cook over medium heat and continue to stir until the mixture reaches the boiling point. Do not boil.
- Reduce heat and blend in mushroom soup. Stir until smooth.
- Add oysters and liquor.
- Taste for seasoning, then season with salt and pepper to taste.