Fried Calamari (Squid)
- 1 lb of squid bodies, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup ap flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbs milk
- vegetable oil for frying
- kosher salt to taste
- lemon wedges, for serving
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- In a large sauce pan or deep fryer fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Toss the squid rings in the flour, then shake off the excess.
- Beat the egg and milk together in a large bowl
- Dip the squid rings one at a time into the egg mixture, letting excess drip off, the coat with the bread crumbs
- Cook in the hot oil for about 2 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with lemon wedges.