|2 cups finely ground white corn meal|
|1 tbs sugar|
|1/2 cup milk|
|2 cups boiling water|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|Butter for the pan|
- In a bowl whisk together the cornmeal, sugar and salt.
- Pour in boiling water and mix until you form a paste.
- Gradually add in the milk and stir making sure you have a smooth batter. Not too thick and not too thin.
- On a griddle or cast iron skillet, melt some butter and spoon tablespoonfuls of the batter onto the skillet.
- Cook each side until golden brown, turning once, about 4-6 minutes.
- Serve warm.