New York Deli Cole Slaw
- 1 large cabbage, shredded
- 4 carrots, grated
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2-3 handfuls of golden raisins
- 3 tbs white wine vinegar
- 6 tbs sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Shred the cabbage and add to a large colander. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and mix well.
- Allow to sit for at least 1 hour, then rinse off well and dry in a salad spinner. This will make the cabbage super crispy.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, celery, celery seeds,onion and raisins to a large salad bowl.
- In another bowl add the mayonnaise, wine vinegar, sugar and mix well. Taste for seasoning, then add salt and pepper if desired.
- Add dressing to salad in batches until desired consistency is reached.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.