New York Deli Cole Slaw
|1 large cabbage, shredded|
|4 carrots, grated|
|1/2 red bell pepper, chopped|
|2 ribs celery, sliced|
|1 onion chopped|
|1 tsp celery seeds|
|1/2 green bell pepper, chopped|
|2-3 handfuls of golden raisins|
|3 tbs white wine vinegar|
|6 tbs sugar|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Shred the cabbage and add to a large colander. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and mix well.
- Allow to sit for at least 1 hour, then rinse off well and dry in a salad spinner. This will make the cabbage super crispy.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, celery, celery seeds,onion and raisins to a large salad bowl.
- In another bowl add the mayonnaise, wine vinegar, sugar and mix well. Taste for seasoning, then add salt and pepper if desired.
- Add dressing to salad in batches until desired consistency is reached.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.