Potato Salad with Egg Mayonnaise and Olives
|1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cooked|
|1 red onion, minced|
|2 ribs of celery, chopped|
|6 tbs chopped parsley|
|15 pimento stuffed olives, halved|
|3 hard boiled eggs, chopped|
|4 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|4 tbs white wine vinegar|
|2 tbs whole grain mustard|
|1 tsp celery seeds|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|paprika to garnish|
- Add potatoes to cold salted water and bring to a boil. cook until tender.
- Drain and return to a pan using low heat and dry for about 3 minutes.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into chunks and place them into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper, then ad the onion, celery, parsley, olives and chopped eggs.
- In another bowl. combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds and mix well.
- Add to salad sparingly until desired consistency is reached.
- Chill covered for at least 1 hour before serving.