Soy Honey Glazed Roasted Chicken
|2 tsp white pepper|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp 5 spice powder|
|zest of 1 orange|
|2 tsp dry ginger|
|1 whole chicken (about 3 lbs)|
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|1/2 cup honey|
This is an Asian inspired roasted chicken.
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Add all spice rub ingredients to bowl and combine well.
- Rub on the inside and outside of chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, while chicken comes to room temperature.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and roast for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Then brush chicken all over with the soy glaze, and cook for another 1 hour, brushing with the glaze every 15 minutes.