Soy Honey Glazed Roasted Chicken
- Spice rub:
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp 5 spice powder
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tsp dry ginger
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 lbs)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
This is an Asian inspired roasted chicken.
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Add all spice rub ingredients to bowl and combine well.
- Rub on the inside and outside of chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, while chicken comes to room temperature.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and roast for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Then brush chicken all over with the soy glaze, and cook for another 1 hour, brushing with the glaze every 15 minutes.