Wilted Spinach Salad
|1 lb baby spinach|
|1 and 1/2 tsp vegetable oil|
|1/2 lb bacon|
|4 tbs red wine vinegar|
|4 tbs water|
|4 tsp confectioners sugar|
|1 tsp dry mustard|
|8 spring onions, thinly sliced|
|6 radishes, thinly sliced|
|2 hard boiled eggs, coarsely grated|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Remove any stalks from the spinach leaves and wash well. Dry in a salad spinner and place in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in an frying pan and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Chop the bacon and set aside.
- Reserve the cooking fat in the pan.
- Combine the vinegar, water, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir until smooth and blended.
- Add the vinegar mixture to the fat in the frying pan and stir to mix.
- Bring the dressing to a boil over a medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour the hot dressing evenly over the spinach leaves, sprinkle the bacon, spring onions, radishes and eggs over, toss then serve.