Buttermilk Marinated Fried Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch nuggets
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup ap flour
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Canola oil for deep frying
- Wash chicken, then cut into 2 inch nuggets.
- Add the butter milk along with the chicken to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the butter milk, drain, then season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the flour and coat on all sides. Knock off excess. Cover nuggets and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan or deep fryer fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Once oil is hot add the nuggets in batches and fry until golden brown. 7-10 minutes.
- Allow oil to come back up to temperature before adding a second batch.
- Drain on paper towels.