Chinese Hoisin Oyster Omelet
- 1/2 quart of select oysters drained
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 tbs canola oil
Oyster omelets are commonplace fare in in China. They are super simple to prepare and absolutely delicious.
- In a bowl add the eggs and beat lightly, set aside.
- In a non stick saute pan add the canola oil, using medium heat.
- Add the oysters and saute for about 1 minute or until the edges begin to curl.
- Add the scallions and cook for another 1 minute
- Add the egg and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the omelet to a serving platter and top with Hoisin sauce.