Chicken Breast Feta and Roasted Pepper Pizza
|1 and 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/2 lb chicken breast, shredded|
|1 large leek, cleaned and sliced|
|1 (12 inch) refrigerated pizza crust|
|1/2 cup roasted red peppers|
|2 tbs fresh basil, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the leek and cook just until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place the pizza crust onto a nonstick baking sheet or preferable a pizza stone, and brush with olive oil.
- Layer the chicken , peppers and leeks along with 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of feta on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Transfer pizza to a rack to let settle for a few minutes.
- Garnish with basil, slice and serve.