Chicken Breast Feta and Roasted Pepper Pizza
- 1 and 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, shredded
- 1 large leek, cleaned and sliced
- 1 (12 inch) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the leek and cook just until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place the pizza crust onto a nonstick baking sheet or preferable a pizza stone, and brush with olive oil.
- Layer the chicken , peppers and leeks along with 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of feta on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Transfer pizza to a rack to let settle for a few minutes.
- Garnish with basil, slice and serve.