Chinese Shumai Shrimp Dumplings
|20-30 round wonton wrappers (available at Asian groceries)|
|1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed|
|3 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked, trimmed and chopped fine|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, chopped|
|1 and 1/2 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tsp rice wine, vinegar|
|2 tsp sesame oil|
|2 tbs corn starch|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
These are flavorful shrimp dumplings that are very popular in Chinese Dim Sum houses.
- Add the shrimp to food processor and process into a smooth paste.
- Add the shrimp to a bowl along with the other ingredients and mix well.
- Place about a tbs of the filling on each wrapper, and gather up the sides for form ripples, leaving the center open.
- Press the dumplings down on a cutting board to create a flat bottom in order for dumplings to stand up.
- When the dumplings are filled, add to a bamboo or stainless steel steamer and steam for about 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with a variety of dipping sauces, ie, Soy and or chili sauce.