Roasted Green Beans with Pecans
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tbs chopped shallots
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the ends of the green beans and place on a baking sheet.
- Toss the beans with the olive oil and spread out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 8 minutes, then add the pecans and shallots and continue roasting for another 5 minutes or until beans are lightly browned and crisp tender.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper before serving.