|2 lbs of lean lamb, cubed, fat trimmed|
|1/2 cup flour|
|2 medium onions, quartered|
|2-3 cups lamb, beef or chicken stock|
|4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces|
|1 lb boiling potatoes, peeled|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tsp dried thyme|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Parsley sprigs for garnish|
|1 tbs oil|
- Prepare the carrots, potatoes and onions, then set aside, covered.
- Dredge the lamb chunks in flour, then remove the excess.
- Add the oil to a large saucepan or stockpot and using medium heat add the lamb pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once lamb pieces are browned add the stock, along with the potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Re-season with salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 2 hours partially covered.
- Serve in bowls along with crusty bread and garnished with parsley.