Crab and Vegetable Soup
- 2 oz salt pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 quarts fish stock
- 3 (1 lb) cans Italian tomatoes, crushed
- 2 (10oz) packages frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 and 1/4 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 medium stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 2 tbs old bay seasoning
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 lbs crab meat
- Cut salt pork into small pieces and put into a large stock pot.
- Add fish stock to cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients except for crab meat and cook until vegetables are done. About 20-30 minutes.
- Pick over crabmeat to remove any cartilage. Add to soup and heat through.